Table of Contents
Cats love routine and need to be fed at the same time consistently each day. They also typically respond best to being fed smaller portions throughout the day. However, for the busy owner or someone who spends most of their time at work, this can be challenging.
Thankfully, automatic cat feeders offer the ideal solution. They are becoming more and more advanced and ensure your cat gets fed on time every day while freeing up your time. What’s more, they can even help with portion control to help your cat maintain a healthy weight.
Many automatic feeders are designed for a single cat. However, if you own multiple cats like me, you’ll want to find an automatic cat feeder for two cats or more. This means can help you to make sure both of your kitties are getting the right amount of food for good health. Plus, if tensions run high at mealtimes, it can help to diffuse it and reduce cat-on-cat conflict.
In this article, I share with you all the best cat feeders for multiple cats on the market. Browse my list, read the in-depth reviews, and cast your eyes on my handy buying guide. You’ll be sure to find a product you love that makes caring for your two or more cats that little bit easier.
My Top Pick
The best product on the market has to be the HUICOCY Automatic Cat Feeder. This is perfect for two cats to share as the two-way splitter sends the food off into two different bowls, one for each of your cats.
You can schedule up to 4 different feeds per day and can choose from 40 different portion sizes. Feeding your cat has never been easier!
You can find the full review for this automatic feeder further down this page. I’ve also reviewed some other top contenders that may suit you better depending on what you’re looking for. So, keep reading to find the perfect product that makes mealtimes and portion control easy while feeding-related cat conflict is kept to a minimum.
Best Automatic Cat Feeder for Two Cats
Before I get onto my reviews, I want to run through the criteria that I ranked each product against. So, here are all the features that the ideal multiple cat feeding station should have:
- Ease of Use: As technology is becoming more advanced, so are automatic cat feeders. However, this can make some of them extremely complicated to run! This piece of kit is supposed to make our lives easier, so we want a product that is simple to install and use.
- Size and Capacity: When searching for a feeder for two cats, it needs to have a large enough capacity to hold enough food for both of your cats. At the same time, it ideally wants to take up as little space as possible in your home.
- Pet-Proof: The feeder you choose needs to be pet-proof to stop greedy cats from breaking in and eating as much food as they wish! I only recommend high-quality feeders that can keep even the most persistent cat’s paws out.
- Ease of Cleaning: Cats will be eating from their feeder and so you need to ensure you keep it clean. Food bowls can become a breeding ground for bad bacteria and so it needs to be cleaned regularly. As such, the easier this is the better.
On top of these four essentials that every single automatic feeder needs to have, there are other more personal considerations that are based on your circumstances. For example, you need to decide whether you want a battery or mains powered feeder. The number of smart features such as cameras and mobile apps is also something you might be interested in.
Furthermore, you’ll need to consider the type of food your cats eat and the number of portions they have daily. If you feed both your cats different types of food, you may also consider getting a microchip cat feeder to keep them separated from each other’s bowls.
All this and more is explained at the bottom of this article in our buying guide to help you find the ideal product for you. However, I have included reviews for as many different types as possible of automatic feeders for two cats in this article. So, whether you want a large dry food dispenser ideal for when you’re away or a wet cat food self-feeder, I’ve got you covered.
1. HUICOCY Automatic Cat Feeder (Best Overall Product)
The best automatic cat feeder for two cats that I love and use myself is the HUICOCY Automatic Feeder. This is a dispenser-style feeder that only works with dry kibble, so if you feed your cats wet food you’ll have to find another product. However, for anyone that uses dry food I couldn’t recommend this product more.
For starters, I love that the two-way splitter means that two cats can easily share this feeder. Each cat will be given their own bowl of food to help stop quibbling over at dinner time. The partition in the middle further helps to separate your cats as they eat and ensures the food doesn’t fall into the other bowl by mistake.
Unfortunately, if you are not there to monitor your cat there is no way to ensure they are eating only from the bowl intended for them. This feeder is also only useful if your cats both eat the same cat food and in the same amount. However, it is super easy to set up the feeder and great for anyone that doesn’t experience these issues.
You can program the unit to feed up to four different portions per day, but I personally only use three. The portion control is also accurately controlled by the unit. There are 40 different portion sizes to choose from in 5mg increments. This means you can precisely tailor how much food your cats are getting to help them maintain a healthy weight.
I also love the option to play a 10s pre-recorded voice message with every portion. Moreover, the dual power supply and 4.5l capacity are other great features. There is also an anti-clog mechanism inside the machine to prevent the cat food from getting stuck in the chute. With stainless steel bowls that are easy to clean, there really isn’t much to not like about this product!
- Two-way splitter so two cats can easily share
- Large 4.5l capacity, plenty for multiple cats
- The division between bowls to help separate cats while they eat
- Feeds up to four different times per day
- Choose from 40 different portion sizes
- Optional 10s prerecorded voice message
- Dual power supply using a DC adapter and batteries
- Anti-clog mechanism to prevent the unit from jamming
- Bowls made from hygienic and scratch-resistant steel
- Easy to clean and set up
- Not suitable for wet cat food
- Only really works for a maximum of two cats
- No guarantee cats are only eating from their bowl
- Batteries need to be purchased separately
2. HoneyGuardian Automatic Pet Feeder (Best for Busy Owners)
If you have no spare time on your hands, the HoneyGuardian Automatic Pet Feeder is a truly wonderful option. This has a huge capacity of 29 cups meaning it can hold enough food to feed two cats for several days or weeks without you needing to top it up. This food is all kept super fresh thanks to the tight sealing lid at the top.
It also has an extremely flexible feeding schedule to help your cats form good feeding habits. You can set up to six meals per day and choose from 48 different portion sizes. These settings are all programmed into the machine using the easy-to-use ergonomic display. This is locked so that your cats can’t accidentally change the settings when you’re gone.
Unfortunately, it does only work with dry food measuring 0.19” to 0.78” in size. This is to prevent jamming. However, if the unit does get blocked, a built-in infrared sensor detects this and causes a motor to spin, forcing the kibble to come loose. This further approves its appropriateness for busy owners – it fixes its problems by itself!
This automatic cat feeder also has a voice recording option so you can leave a 10s message for your cats with each meal. This is great for helping your cats feel close to your while you’re away. With a dual power supply, you won’t have to worry about the feeder not working if the power trips. What’s more, the programmed feeding settings remain intact even if the power is switched to battery mode, making the feeder even better for busy owners who travel days on end.
In terms of suitability for multiple cats, this unit has a two-way splitter to direct food into two separate bowls. However, there is no guarantee that your cats will only eat from one bowl. This could mean one of your cats gets overweight while the other lacks nutrients. Moreover, for anyone that owns more than two felines will need multiple feeders.
- The capacity of 29 cups is ideal for longer periods away
- Two bowls perfect for two cats sharing
- Food kept fresh thanks to tight seal at the top
- Feeds up to six portions per day
- Choose from 48 different portion sizes
- Screen locks to prevent cats from changing the settings
- Built-in anti-jamming mechanism
- Can leave a 10s voice recorded message
- Dual power supply in case the power trips
- Multiple feeders needed for more than two cats
- No guarantee your cats won’t eat from each other’s bowls
- Not suitable if cats are on different diets
- Only works with dry food measuring 0.19” to 0.78” in size
- Required 4x D batteries that are not included
3. AIPET Automatic Cat Feeder (Best for Wet Cat Food)
If you feed your cats wet food, a great option you should consider is the Casfuy 5-Meal Automatic Cat Feeder. Rather than having a dispenser-style design, this cat feeder is one bowl portioned into six different segments for up to six different portions. You can put wet in these with space for an ice pack to keep the food fresh. Alternatively, you can use dry food with this feeder too.
The segmented bowl then has a top cover which only gives your cat access to one portion of food at their designated feeding time. The feeder runs on a 24-hour schedule, meaning you can set the compartments to open at all hours of the day. It’s also super easy to use, with only three buttons to control the timer settings and a screen that locks so your pet can’t accidentally change the settings.
I also rate that this product has a dual power supply and can run using a 60” long USB charging cord and port or type C batteries. This means you can place the unit anywhere you want in your home and take it when traveling. If the power cuts out, you also won’t need to worry that your cat won’t be fed that night.
In terms of cleaning, this automatic feeder also performs well. The food tray is made from BPA-free material that is safe for cats and won’t retain any nasty odors. The entire tray conveniently unclips and you can wash it as you would a regular bowl. With non-slip feet, you won’t have concerns about your cats flipping the feeder over and tipping food onto your floor either.
If you were to purchase this cat feeder for multiple cats, you’d need to buy one for every cat you own. However, as a more affordable product, this is acceptable. The only other drawbacks are that it doesn’t come with batteries or ice packs. This is also not an appropriate option if leaving your cat for more than 24 hours due to its smaller capacity.
- Can hold both wet and dry cat food
- Space for ice packs to keep wet food fresh
- Can hold up to 6 different portions at once
- Easy to use with only three buttons
- Locking screen so your cat cannot change the settings
- Food tray made from BPA-free material
- Super easy to disassemble and clean
- No-slip feet to help avoid spills
- Dual power supply
- Multiple feeders needed for multiple cats
- Batteries and ice packs need to be bought separately
4. SureFeed Microchip Automatic Pet Feeder (Best Selective Cat Feeder)
Are you having difficulties with your cats eating each other’s food? Is one of your cats overweight and on a diet? Is one of your cats on medication that you put in their food? Do you have other animals such as a dog that attempt to eat your cat’s dinner? If so, you need the SureFeed Microchip Automatic Pet Feeder.
This is what is known as a selective cat feeder. You program the feeder to only open in response to a specific microchip number of RFID collar tag. This means that your cats will only ever have access to the food that is theirs for stress-free feeding. You can program the feeder to an assigned microchip ID with the press of one button, making things even easier.
Like my previous recommendation, this feeder is a bowl-type design. As such, it works with both wet and dry food. The lid then covers and seals the food to keep it fresh and automatically opens in response to your cat with the assigned microchip ID coming nearby.
Another perk of this fancy piece of kit is its training mode which is useful in helping your cats get used to the opening and closing lid. It is also easy to clean by simply washing and removing the bowls. It comes with a single bowl and a split bowl to feed wet and dry food at once if you wish. Additionally, it comes with a grey mat to further help contain mess, and separate bowls can be purchased if needed.
Unfortunately, this feeder does lack a timer setting. It is automatic in the sense that it automatically opens when your cat is nearby rather than making the food automatically available at different times. This means it is not suitable for people looking for a feeder that will feed their cats while they aren’t at home. However, it’s great for keeping pets healthier and controlling their portions and weight.
It is also a more expensive piece of kit and you will need to purchase one for every cat you own for it to be most effective. Nevertheless, there is no price to put on your cat’s health and with a three-year warranty, you can rest assured this product will last.
- Selective feeding so cats can’t eat each other’s food
- Helps to keep pets healthier by managing portion size and weight
- Easily programmable with one click of a button
- Suitable for wet food, dry food, or both
- Lid with neoprene lip keeps food fresher for longer
- Comes with a three-year warranty
- Easy to clean and comes with a feeding mat
- Single and split bowls to feed how you like
- Training mode to help your cats adjust
- Lacks any form of timer setting
- More expensive than other products
- Multiple feeders are needed for the number of cats you have
5. SureFeed Microchip Pet Feeder Connect (Best for Portion Control)
Sure Petcare has another automatic feeder that is similar to the product I have just mentioned yet ever more advanced. It is called the SureFeed Microchip Pet Feeder Connect and is incredible for anyone that needs to tightly control portion sizes, such as cats that are on a prescription diet.
Just like their regular microchip pet feeder, this is a bowl-style feeder that you can place wet or dry food in. The lid with is tight neoprene seal locks their food away keeping it fresher for longer. The microchip programming setting then stops other cats from stealing food while keeping dogs and other animals out of the way.
However, what this feeder has in addition is the ability to connect to the Sure Petcare mobile app via a hub. This hub does need to be bought separately, but it then allows you to set precise portion sizes in the app. When putting food into your cats’ bowls, LED lights then guide you to the correct portion weight within 1g of accuracy using the integrated scales.
This is hugely convenient, especially when feeding two or more cats at once. It can be difficult to keep track of which portion size each should be having and weighing them out accordingly. Yet, this feeder, app, and hub make it as simple as ever. However, note that batteries are required with this product and sadly aren’t included and that you’ll need multiple feeders for multiple cats.
Again, these bowls also lack a timer feature and are not suitable if you want to feed your cat multiple portions at specific times of the day. The small capacity also only means it’s suitable for feeding one meal at a time. However, as far as fine-tuning portion sizes and ensuring each of your pets gets exactly what they should, it doesn’t get better than this.
- Keeps food fresher for longer
- Ensures your cats don’t eat each other’s food
- Keeps dogs and other animals from eating cat food
- Allows highly accurate portion control
- Helps to keep pets healthier by managing weight
- Conveniently connects through a smart mobile app
- Can be used with wet food, dry food, or both
- Super simple to clean just like a normal bowl
- Single and split bowls to feed how you like
- Much more expensive than other products
- Requires the hub which is sold separately
- No timer function to help establish a schedule
- Multiple feeders needed for multiple cats
6. Arf Pets Smart Automatic Pet Feeder (Best Smart Technology Feeder)
If you like the idea of a mobile app and other luxury pieces of smart technology, why not take a look at the Arf Pets Smart Automatic Pet Feeder. This feeder connects to a mobile app so that you can schedule and manually feed your cat from your smartphone or tablet. This makes it ideal for owners that are away from home frequently to have remote control over their cat’s food.
Additionally, all technology lovers will appreciate the built-in HD camera with video recording. This allows you to watch your pet live on the app while out of the house and record any adorable moments to look back on. There is also two-way audio so you can interact with your cats from afar. Don’t have time to sit and chat? No problem – you can prerecord a message to play at mealtime too!
Another great feature of this automatic cat feeder for multiple cats is its size. It can hold up to 29 cups of dry food which will be plenty to feed your cats for days and weeks on end. Thus, it gives you loads of free time back into your week and is a great product if you’re planning to be away for a few days. The large food bucket and tray are both dishwasher-safe for super easy cleaning too.
Unfortunately, this feeder does only work with dry cat food, and owners that feed their cats wet food will need to find a different product. However, it is a great option for dry food. You can program an exact portion size to be dispensed and set the feeding times automatically through the app. Because of its large size, you can easily dispense all the food for multiple cats at once.
This automatic feeder runs on dual power – yet another advantage of this product. It comes with a USB cable that plugs into the mains and also takes three D-size batteries for backup if the power cuts. However, bear in mind that the unit must be plugged into the wall when making changes to the feeding portions or schedule via the mobile app.
- Schedule and manually feed via a mobile app
- Two-way audio to interact with your cat from afar
- HD camera with video recording
- Hold up to 29 cups of dry cat food
- Accurate portion control and timer settings
- Dual power supply with batteries and USB cable
- Food bucket and tray are dishwasher safe
- Ideal for longer periods away from home
- Does not work with wet cat food
- Batteries must be bought separately
- Doesn’t stop cats from eating each other’s food
7. Petzilla Automatic Pet Food Feeder (Best Budget Option)
For anyone on a budget, the Petzilla Automatic Pet Food Feeder could be your saving grace. This feeder has a super simple design. In essence, it is two cat bowls joined together with a lid on the top. Each lid has a countdown timer so that you can set the bowls to open at any point within 48 hours for closing the top. Doing so helps to establish a healthy feeding schedule.
This product does only have two bowls and so is only appropriate for a maximum of two cats to share. However, for such an affordable price, two could be purchased if you have more than two cats. I would also recommend purchasing one unit per cat that you have so you can set two meals per day for each feline you own. This will make your life a lot easier.
With such a simple design, this automatic cat feeder can take both wet and dry cat food. There is a space underneath each bowl to store an ice pack so that the wet food stays fresh. After your cats have eaten, you can simply detach the bowls and put them in the dishwasher.
The main downside of this feeder is that it has a low capacity and you will need to put fresh food in and reset the timer for every meal if two cats are sharing. This means it’s only really useful for feeding your cats early in the morning or late at night when you’re sleeping. It doesn’t do a good job of ensuring your cats always have access to food while you’re away from home.
Moreover, the timer setting acts as a countdown rather than a clock. This is a little harder to work with than feeders which allow you to set an exact feeding time. You’ll have to count up from when you seal the lid to know how far to twist the dial. It also only relies on AA batteries which makes it great for travel and can be placed anywhere but you need to remember to change them when dead.
- Super simple and easy to use design
- Two bowls for perfect for giving two cats one portion
- Can purchase multiple bowls for multiple cats at an affordable price
- Battery operated so ideal for use when traveling
- Suitable for both wet and dry food
- Space for ice packs to keep dry food fresh
- Bowls are detachable and dishwasher safe
- Can set feeding times at any point within 48 hours
- Only has two portions, or one per cat if two cats are sharing
- Batteries need to be bought separately
- No power back up for if the batteries die
- Countdown dial is a little more confusing than timer settings
8. WellToBe Automatic Cat Feeder for Two Animals (Best for Forgetful Owners)
Next up is the WellToBe Automatic Cat Feeder for Two Animals. This feeder is ideal for two cats thanks to its two-way splitter which directs the kibble into two separate bowls. That way, both your kitties have their own plate to eat from to help avoid conflict over food. However, there is no way to stop one cat from eating out of both bowls.
The bowls themselves are made from stainless steel. This is a much more hygienic material than plastic. Plastic can easily get scratched on its surface, and bacteria love to hide in these scratches and breed. However, steel is a scratch-resistant material so won’t harbor anywhere near as many bad bacteria. It’s also easier to clean and doesn’t retain any odors.
Another huge advantage of this automatic feeder is its 7l size. This is more than enough food to feed multiple cats for a few days at a time, perhaps even more than a week! Additionally, the container where the food is kept is transparent, making it easy to see when the levels are running low and reminding you that the food needs to be replenished. This makes it ideal for forgetful owners.
Of course, the options for setting a feeding schedule for your pet cannot be overlooked. Thankfully, this automatic cat feeder can schedule to deliver up to 6 meals per day from 48 different portion sides. This is easily set from the operation panel with special anti-touch buttons to prevent your cat from tampering with the settings. Additionally, there is a manual feeding function if you want to give your cat a little extra.
The intelligent anti-clog design further helps to ensure food is delivered smoothly every time and the chute never gets blocked. Moreover, there is a dual power supply so the feeder switched to battery mode if there are power outages. These two features together ensure your kitty will never miss a meal again!
- Two-way splitter to direct the food to separate bowls
- Hygienic and scratch-resistant stainless steel bowls
- Large 7l capacity, ideal for multiple cats
- Transparent food container so you never forget to refill
- Anti-clog mechanism to prevent blockages
- Dual power supply in the case of outages
- Feeds up to 6 meals per day
- A choice from 48 different portion sizes
- Anti-touch buttons to prevent pets from changing the settings
- Manual feeding button for an extra treat
- Only suitable for two cats sharing
- Does not work with wet cat food
- No guarantee your cats won’t eat from each other’s bowls
9. Casfuy Automatic Cat Feeder (Best Portable Feeder)
Many people rely on automatic cat feeders to feed their cats while they are away. However, sometimes you might wish to take your cat with you. If you want to find a portable feeder that you can take with you on your travels, try the Casfuy Automatic Cat Feeder.
This cat feeder is great for everyone as it can take both wet and dry cat food. However, rather than a large dispenser-style feeder, this is small and can hold a maximum of five meals of 240ml each. This means the feeder is small in size and so highly portable. It also runs on dual power, so you can rely on the batteries to feed your cat while on the move and plug it in once you reach your destination.
In terms of suitability for two cats, this feeder only has enough segments to hold food for one cat per day. With that being said, this is a good option for owners whose cats quibble over mealtime. You can purchase two and place both feeders in different rooms of the house, feeding your cats separately but at exactly the same time.
In terms of mealtime settings, you can schedule the five different compartments to open up at any time within 24 hours. To program the unit, you simply do so using the straightforward control panel. This is also self-locking to prevent your cats from changing the settings and getting access to their food early!
Other advantages of this product include the dishwasher-safe BPA-free feeding tray which makes for easy cleaning and the 10s voice recording option to comfort your cat when you’re not home. However, bear in mind that you will need to purchase one feeder per cat. Batteries and ice packs also need to be purchased separately.
- Small and so easily portable
- Dual powered so great for on the move
- Allows your cats to be fed separately at the same time
- Hold up to five meals per day
- Suitable for wet and dry cat food
- Made from BPA-free material that is safe for cats
- Easy to use control panel for programming mealtimes
- Lockable screen to prevent cats from changing the settings
- Optional 10s pre-recorded voice message
- The feeding tray is dishwasher safe
- Ice packs not included if using for wet cat food
- One feeder needed per cat
- Batteries have to be bought separately
10. Faroro Automatic Cat Feeder (Best for Kittens)
Last but not least we have the Faroro Automatic Cat Feeder. If you have a couple of mischievous kittens, this is the product I would most recommend. It has a 1080P full HD video camera with two-way audio that connects to a mobile app so you can monitor your kittens from afar – like a baby monitor but for kittens!
This product further allows you to schedule up to 12 different meals every 24 hours. When kittens are very young, it is important to feed them small portions regularly rather than a couple of large meals per day. Therefore, this automatic feeder is ideal for ensuring your kittens get the food they need to grow into strong and healthy adult cats.
You’ll also be impressed by the incredible 99 different portion size options. Each goes up in 2tbsp increments so you have complete control over your cats’ diets. This is again all controlled via the app and can easily be updated with a few taps of your fingers to respond to your growing kittens’ evolving nutritional needs.
In terms of its suitability for two cats, you will really need to get two feeders if you are purchasing this product for adult cats. This can help reduce cat-on-cat conflict, but if your cats get along well you might be able to do with one feeder. Kittens that have grown up together should have no issues with sharing either, but you may consider buying a second product as they mature.
I also love the anti-jam mechanism and dual power supply. These both ensure your cats will never miss a meal again, be that due to the unit getting blocked or the power cutting out. However, the bowl isn’t detachable so it is a little difficult to clean and it does only work with dry kibble food.
- Schedules up to 12 meals per day
- Choice of 1 to 99 different portions sizes
- Holds up to 6l of cat food
- 1080P HD camera with two-way audio
- All portion sizes are controlled via the mobile app
- Anti-jam mechanism to prevent blockages
- Dual power supply in the case of outages
- Requires batteries that aren’t included
- WiFi is required to set up an automatic feeding schedule
- Only works with dry cat food
- May need two units for multiple cats to share
Automatic Cat Feeder for Multiple Cats Buying Guide
As you can see, there is a lot of choice when it comes to purchasing a multiple cat feeding station. The product that is best for you depends on what type of food you feed your cat, whether you are experiencing conflict at feeding time, and the number of cats you have.
To help you figure out which product is right for you, here are all the considerations you should think of before making a purchase.
Wet or Dry Cat Food
One way to quickly narrow down the available products is by looking at the food that your cat eats. Many automatic cat feeders only work with dry kibble. In particular, large dispenser-type feeders that drop down food into a bowl will only work with dry food.
On the other hand, you will be able to find an automatic wet cat food feeder if you prefer. However, these will need to have additional features such as cooling pads to keep the food fresh. You’ll also have to put the food into the different portioned segments each morning and wash it each evening, which will take more time than a dispenser-style feeder.
Alongside the type of food a feeder can work with, you need to consider the capacity of food it can take. With two or more cats, you must choose an feeder that can hold the right amount of food needed for the number of cats in your home. Otherwise, your pets won’t be getting enough to eat.
Most dry food feeders can hold between 10 to 20 cups of cat food, so for two or more cats, you’ll be looking for a feeder that has a capacity towards the upper end. Moreover, if you travel a lot and will be leaving your cats to fend for themselves for a few days, the larger the capacity the better. This will guarantee your cats are fed their correct portions for the duration of your time away.
If you are opting for an automatic cat food feeder for wet food, bear in mind that they will have a much smaller capacity. This is because they can only hold wet food for a certain number of hours before it starts to go off.
Number of Daily Portions
How often do you feed your cats? If you feed your cats five times per day, there is no point in purchasing a cat feeder for multiple cats that only serves two portions. Conversely, if you only feed your cat once in the morning and once in the evening, you won’t need one with multiple segments. One that can be programmed to feed your cats twice a day is all you require.
It is important to note that however you portion your cat’s food out now should remain the same. Never adjust your cat’s feeding schedule to match with a feeder; always choose a feeder based on your cat’s routine. Doing so otherwise could cause unnecessary stress for your kitties! If you do want to make a change, do so gradually.
Collar Sensor or Microchip
Many owners with multiple cats struggle when it comes to feeding time. Typically, one cat will be more dominant and run to the food bowl first, eating as much as they want. The second cat is more timid and submissive and will then be left with the scraps, meaning they often go hungry.
This can be detrimental to the health of your cats. The greedy cat will eat too much and become overweight, whereas the other cat will eat too little and lack the nutrients they need for good health. In this case, opting for a selective microchip feeder or one with a collar sensor is a must. This can help a cat lose weight with multiple cats at home and ensure both cats are getting the nutrients they need.
Having a cat feeder with collar or microchip sensor is also useful if you have cats that are on different diets or when one cat has medication in their food. It ensures your cats are only eating what they should be. Additionally, people that have dogs will also benefit by getting dog-proof cat feeders with collar sensors to keep the cat food away from your greedy dog!
On the other hand, if (1) your cats are on the same diet, (2) your cats are both a healthy weight, (3) there is no conflict around mealtime, and (4) you don’t have any other pets in your home that might eat their food, you don’t necessarily need a microchip feeder. A simple and standard dispenser should do the trick and free time off your hands.
Smart Technology Options
Automatic cat feeders for multiple cats are getting more and more advanced. Today, you’ll find a range of products on the market that use all kinds of smart technology.
- Setting voice recordings to alert your cats that it is feeding time
- Pet cameras so you can view your cats when not at home
- Mobile apps that can be used to schedule mealtimes
- Monitoring features to inform you if your pet hasn’t eaten
These features are undoubtedly useful. They give you extra reassurance that your cats are doing okay while you’re not home. You can keep your eye on them from afar, adjust their feeding schedule if needed, and will immediately know if your cat isn’t there for dinner time. The voice recordings can also help your cat feel more at ease with you not there.
However, these are all additional features and do come at an extra price. Whether you want to splurge out on such features will largely depend on your budget and whether you think you’ll actually use the extra pieces of tech. This one is all down to personal preference!
Finally, you’ll need to consider how the automatic cat feeder for two cats that you choose is going to get power. The majority of all multiple cat feeding stations rely on electricity from a power adaptor. Looking for one with a long cable can make it easier to find an appropriate place to keep it in your home.
Some battery-operated cat feeders do exist, which are a better option if you have nowhere to place the feeder near a power supply. They’re also ideal for travel as you can use them on the go. However, they do require you to keep replacing the batteries which ends up making the feeder more costly to run. Additionally, there are fewer models to choose from.
A good compromise would be a feeder with dual power. You can then use it plugged in when at home, yet the feeder is still fully functional when on the move. These are also great in the event of a power cut. If the power supply goes, the feeder will automatically switch to battery mode so you can rest assured your cat will always get their food on time.
Why Purchase an Automatic Cat Feeder for Two Cats?
You might be wondering whether investing in an automatic cat feeder for two cats is worth the money. However, there are several advantages that both you and your cat will benefit from:
- You won’t need to work your schedule around your cats’ feeding times: Fed up of getting up at 6am to feed your cats? How about having to pop home at lunchtime? For a busy ower, it can be really difficult to feed your cats at the same time each day. You will have to work your schedule around your cats’ feeding times which can be very limiting and sometimes not possible. However, an automatic cat feeder solves all of these issues.
- Your cats will have a consistent feeding schedule they love: Cats thrive off of routine and are happier when they are fed at the same time each day. An automatic cat feeder ensures happens to the minute with no space for human error. Additionally, most cats prefer having several smaller yet more frequent portions as opposed to a couple of large meals. This may not be possible with your schedule, but an automatic feeder does this for you.
- You can easily monitor and control portion size and frequency: If you’re forgetful or live in a house with multiple other people, it can be easy for your cats to be fed multiple times or not at all by mistake. Automatic feeders mean your cats will always get food and never get overfed. Most feeders further allow for you to set a precise portion size for each serving to guarantee that your cat is getting a healthy amount of food.
Therefore, a cat feeder with a two-way splitter or another design appropriate for wet food can make a difference to both you and your cats’ lives. However, as you’re probably already aware, there are often additional challenges over feeding time when you own two or more cats.
Common challenges you may face include the following:
- One of your cats has a medical condition which means they are on a special diet.
- One of your cats is overweight whereas the other is underweight and so both need different food quantities and nutrients.
- Both of your cats are of different ages and eat different foods based on their nutritional needs for that stage of their life.
- Your cats fight over food and can become aggressive at mealtime.
Not all automatic cat feeders can solve these issues. However, a cat feeder with collar or microchip sensor can. This type of feeder helps to ensure your cats are getting the correct food, medication, and portion size that is specific for them. This is also a great solution for cats that fight over food. If you want to help make a cat stop hissing at new kittens or other felines in your home, easing tension overfeeding can be a huge help.
Unfortunately, there are no products on the market that combine scheduled feeding times with selective microchip access to food. As such, cats that are on completely different diets and portion sizes do need a collar sensor feeder.
However, in cases of conflict, you can bypass this by purchasing multiple automatic feeders and placing them in separate rooms of your home to try and ease tension. Additionally, giving your cats the space and privacy they need elsewhere in your home can help them to get on better with one another.
- Each of your cats should have a separate litter tray to do their business in private. Automatic litter boxes for multiple cats are great as they are self-cleaning. This gives you more time back in your day while making sure all your cats have the privacy they need.
- All of your cats need to have an escape route in case conflict does arise. A cat flap is a great option so your cat can come and go as they wish. If you’re nervous about stray cats or raccoons coming in, microchip cat flaps are an intelligent solution.
- You need to provide your cats with somewhere to hide. This is important to help cats feel less stressed when tension does rise. If you have just adopted a new kitten, hiding places can really help a cat adapt to its new surroundings as well.
Q: Do automatic cat feeders work with multiple cats?
A: Yes – They are great at freeing up your time, sticking to a feeding schedule, and ensuring correct portion control whether you have one cat or more! You can purchase feeders with two bowls for two cats to share, or buy a separate automatic feeder for each cat you own.
Q: Can two cats share one automatic cat feeder?
A: Yes – When two cats get along well and there is no conflict over dinner time, there is no reason why your cats cannot share one feeder. This makes feeding time much more convenient for you. However, it isn’t appropriate if your cats are on different diets.
Q: How can I keep cats from eating each other’s food?
A: You can stop your cats from eating each other’s food by feeding them separately or setting their bowls a distance apart. However, getting a microchip cat feeder is the most convenient and effective solution. Your cats won’t be able to access each other’s food without the matching microchip.
Q: Can I get an automatic cat feeder for wet food?
A: Yes – You can find automatic feeders for wet food on the market. However, these will have a smaller capacity as the wet food has to be replenished each day. They are more like a bowl than a dispenser and need cooling pads to stop the food from going off.
Q: What is the best automatic cat feeder for two cats?
A: In my opinion, the best is the HUICOCY Automatic Cat Feeder. This has two bowls and a two-way splitter so you’ll only need to buy one unit. It allows you to set four feeding times and choose from 40 precise portion sizes, too!
Q: Why should I get an automatic cat feeder?
A: Automatic feeders are extremely useful for busy owners. They help you to establish a consistent feeding schedule and correctly control the portion sizes that you are feeding your cats while freeing up your time. They’re also ideal if you’re leaving your cat alone for a day or two.
Q: Should I feed my two cats separately?
A: Many owners choose to feed their cats separately to stop one cat from stealing from another and to avoid conflict. However, you can feed your cats together if they get on well or if you use a selective feeder.
MY FINAL THOUGHTS
As you can see, there is a huge range of automatic cat feeders for two or multiple cats on the market. Which is the right product for you depends on so many different factors and what issues you’re trying to solve. Whichever option you choose, make sure it is suitable for the cat food you use and the number of cats you have.
With the right choice of feeder, you’ll have happier and healthier cats with more time back in your day to spend doing what you love! This page should provide options for everyone, but if you do decide to shop around keep my buying guide at hand to point you in the right direction.